United Nations Young Leaders Application 2017
The Young Leaders are 17 young change-makers whose leadership is catalyzing the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
What will the Young Leaders do?
Young Leaders will be expected to actively support one or more of the following objectives:
- Advocate for the Goals, in ways most accessible and relatable to young people across different contexts;
- Promote innovative ways of engaging their audiences and peers in the advocacy and realization of the Goals;
- Contribute to a brain trust of young leaders supporting the UN and partners for key moments and initiatives related to the Goals.
Successful applicants are expected to continue in their existing roles and serve as Young Leaders in an advocacy role. Being a Young Leader is not a full time role but an advocacy function which should complement existing work. The function is honorary, non-remunerated and does not entail speaking on behalf of the Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth or the United Nations.
Who qualifies to be a Young Leader?
Young Leaders must be aged 18-30 by 31 December, 2017.
Successful candidates will be selected based on the following considerations:
- Their demonstrated achievements in promoting and advancing sustainable development and youth participation;
- Their personal influence within their respective fields and reputation for inclusive and innovative leadership;
- The ability to command an audience, influence their contemporaries and inspire their constituents;
- Their demonstrated integrity, commitment to the SDGs and core values of the UN.
Deadline: Apply by 3 November, 2017
To apply Click here
The Biggest CV Mistake
Find out click here