Massive job recruitment at Maendeleo ya Wanawake Organization July 2017 jobs
Maendeleo Ya Wanawake Organization (MYWO) is seeking to recruit officers for the following positions
- Executive Officer
- Accounts Clerk
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working in close collaboration with the national chair, to be in charge of the day-to-day management of the Secretariat
- Programmes management
- Proposal development for resource mobilization.
- Communications and strategy
- Advocacy and Lobbying
- Finance and compliance procedures
- External and Internal relations building
- Linkaging with development partners
- A master’s degree in business administration, management, gender or international relations
- Over 10 years’ experience in project management or operations
- Maintain proper reporting and financial controls with adherence to required regulations
- Prepare Bank Reconciliation statement reports
- Maintain good financial systems
- Managing performance and progression of the accounting team.
- Payroll Administration and ensure timely payment of salaries and wages.
- Coordinate internal audits and ensure audited reports are reviewed on a timely basis.
- Tax Management and statutory compliance.
- Prepare and process all payments in accordance with contractual terms
- Harmonize end of year Financial Audited Reports and the Accounting system.
- Compiling and submitting returns to relevant bodies.
- Communication Skills
- Good work ethics and high level of integrity
- Organized, self-motivated and respectful individual
- A team player with good business acumen
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to strict deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
Educational Level/Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor of Commerce – Finance or Accounts, CPA-K/ACCA
- Final Proficient in use of QuickBooks & other Accounting software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience At least 4 years of continuous work experience
- Provide clerical support to the accounting department
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Proven accounting experience, preferably two years
- CPA-2, Diploma in accounting
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Well organized.
- Maintain high standard of service
- Ensure punctuality and safe transport;
- Observing the road and traffic laws
- Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to
- Alcohol must not be consumed or present whilst on duty
- Valid driving license
- Certificate of good Conduct
- Minimum 5 years experience as driver with good driving record
If you are interested and you meet the outlined Qualifications send your CV with 3 referees and cover letter not later than close of business 4th August, 2017. Clearly indicate the position title on the subject line.
Please send your Cover letter and CV to [email protected]
The National Chairman,
Maendeleo Ya Wanawake Organisation (MYWO)
P.O. Box 44412 00100 Nairobi
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.