Massive job recruitment at Maendeleo ya Wanawake Organization July 2017 jobs
Maendeleo Ya Wanawake Organization (MYWO) is seeking to recruit officers for the following positions
- Executive Officer
- Accounts Clerk
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working in close collaboration with the national chair, to be in charge of the day-to-day management of the Secretariat
- Programmes management
- Proposal development for resource mobilization.
- Communications and strategy
- Advocacy and Lobbying
- Finance and compliance procedures
- External and Internal relations building
- Linkaging with development partners
- A master’s degree in business administration, management, gender or international relations
- Over 10 years’ experience in project management or operations
- Maintain proper reporting and financial controls with adherence to required regulations
- Prepare Bank Reconciliation statement reports
- Maintain good financial systems
- Managing performance and progression of the accounting team.
- Payroll Administration and ensure timely payment of salaries and wages.
- Coordinate internal audits and ensure audited reports are reviewed on a timely basis.
- Tax Management and statutory compliance.
- Prepare and process all payments in accordance with contractual terms
- Harmonize end of year Financial Audited Reports and the Accounting system.
- Compiling and submitting returns to relevant bodies.
- Communication Skills
- Good work ethics and high level of integrity
- Organized, self-motivated and respectful individual
- A team player with good business acumen
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to strict deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
Educational Level/Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor of Commerce – Finance or Accounts, CPA-K/ACCA
- Final Proficient in use of QuickBooks & other Accounting software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience At least 4 years of continuous work experience
- Provide clerical support to the accounting department
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Proven accounting experience, preferably two years
- CPA-2, Diploma in accounting
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Well organized.
- Maintain high standard of service
- Ensure punctuality and safe transport;
- Observing the road and traffic laws
- Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to
- Alcohol must not be consumed or present whilst on duty
- Valid driving license
- Certificate of good Conduct
- Minimum 5 years experience as driver with good driving record
If you are interested and you meet the outlined Qualifications send your CV with 3 referees and cover letter not later than close of business 4th August, 2017. Clearly indicate the position title on the subject line.
Please send your Cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The National Chairman,
Maendeleo Ya Wanawake Organisation (MYWO)
P.O. Box 44412 00100 Nairobi
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.