Responsible for developing and implementing IT strategies in the bank in line with the strategic objectives of the Bank. This is done by delivering value through appropriate and cost-effective technologies
- Plan, Design and Implement Strategic IT Objectives that supports the Bank’s business objectives
- Participate in the budgetary process that ensures adequate IT resources are planned for to achieve Bank objectives and leverage on emerging opportunities
- Implement appropriate and Cost-effective solutions that support the business operations
- Negotiate service level agreements and monitor the performance of vendors and suppliers to ensure the service level agreements are met;
- Be the Project Lead on all IT related projects
- Participate in the process of recruitment, selection, induction and training to ensure appropriate skills are available in the department.
- Direct, support and guide staff activities to agreed achieve goals for each financial reporting period.
- Manage IT procurements in collaboration with Bank procurement department and in accordance with Bank procurement rules and regulations;
- In Liaison with the Risk Function, Plan, Design, Implement and monitor IT Security Issues. This includes business continuity planning; Participating in, maintaining, updating and complying to the risk register and matrix.
- Monitor leases and contracts and ensure compliance with terms and proper licensing for all hardware and software components is done;
- Design, Implement and Enforce appropriate and effective internal IT controls;
- Ensure timely closure of all issues identified in various IT audits.
- Monitor performance against agreed objectives
- Setting targets, monitoring performance and giving support, instruction and advice to subordinates;
- Manage vendor relationship on existing services and update contracts for installed hardware & software;
- Ensure the monthly IT steering committee meeting is held as constituted and all decision points are followed up for closure.
- Perform any other duties as may be directed by the Head of IT or Executive.
Problem solving and decision-making
- Enforcing departmental control that would limit loss
- Troubleshooting PC hardware and software problems.
- Implementation of sound system policies.
- Communicating and educating all staff on IT security policies
- Effective management of movement of IT hardware and repairs of the same.
- Effective management of maintenance contracts for all IT systems.
The types/nature of problems/decisions that the jobholder must refer to his superior for appropriate action.
- Major purchase of hardware and software.
- Implementation of new systems.
- Core Banking Systems setup parameters alterations.
- Approval of amendments of and new IT policies.
Qualifications for the IT Manager Job
- An undergraduate degree in an ICT related field;
- A Master’s degree would be an added advantage; and
- A post-graduate diploma in an ICT related field is preferred for candidates without an ICT related undergraduate degree.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems
- Database management skills with more emphasis on Sybase database administration
- Banking system knowledge & General Banking knowledge
- LAN & WAN, Cisco Networking knowledge
- Project management skills – Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Working experience 5 years in a busy IT setup.
Communications and Working Relationships
- Liaise with Heads of departments on IT issues and its impact on them.
- Engaging service providers and vendors on issue reviews.
- Inform users of any major systems updates which are about to take place and explain to them how the updates will impact on their daily operations of the system.
- Brief executive on major system implementations / issues, and explain the impact on the banking business.
How To Apply
Apply to [email protected]
The Biggest CV Mistake
Find out click here