Job Opportunities at Africa Nazarene University (ANU)
The job holder responsibilities include increasing engagement and participation of alumni in university events, Alumni Association growth, coordination of alumni communications, and marketing alumni events to promote the university in various markets.
Duties for the Alumni Coordinator Job
- As the Alumni Affairs Coordinator, you will be responsible to the Coordinator of Marketing and University Relations for the following duties:
- Develop and implement strategic plan for Alumni Office in line with the university guidelines and in liaison with the Alumni Council.
- Create an annual plan for the alumni affairs program to build structures for engagement that results in growth of the association, demonstrated through greater involvement, and increased annual reunion attendance and alumni membership.
- Spearhead the development and execution of resource mobilization proposals.
- Plan and execute alumni membership drives to increase alumni association membership targeting both in Kenya and abroad.
- Manage the Alumni events including; planning and coordination of events such as reunions, homecomings and specific project events.
- Manage the communication between the alumni, alumni association and the institution to ensure they are updated and engaged in alumni activities through general correspondence, social media, emails, cultivation and invitations to events, etc.
- Manage and update the alumni, database and website to create strong awareness among alumni and students about the alumni association and provide a link between the association and the University.
- Engage with students and young alumni through student alumni representatives in university events such as recruitment of undergraduate students in high schools and colleges fairs, developing students’ recruitment training manuals for Alumni representatives to market ANU courses.
- Prepare budget for alumni affairs programs and having control on expenditure.
- Prepare reports and analysis tools to ensure the program is responsive to the needs of the alumni.
- Foster collaboration with alumni in Institutions of Higher Learning and other organizations.
- Facilitate the smooth and fair election of Alumni Association Officers.
- Function as the recording secretary of the ANU Alumni Association.
- In liaison with the Students’ Career Development Officer, establish and maintain contact with the alumni with whom you would operate a mentorship program for our 3rd and 4th year students who would be linked to individuals in the corporate world for the purposes of mentoring them for the job market.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Vice-Chancellor or any other authorized officer.
Alumni Coordinator Job Requirements
- Master’s degree in business administration with two years relevant experience,
- Creative and innovative
- Background in resource mobilization, partnerships and sponsorships
- Skilled in membership drives and business development
- Strength in communication and publicity with capability on digital communication
The Facilities Officer will be required to set the service standard, hire, and train and manage staff of Facilities Management and Development Department so as to meet quality service delivery required by the university.
This will require direct supervision of contractors, construction projects, maintenance of grounds, roadways, paths, sewerage etc. This role also requires ensuring compliance with safety and health statutory requirements. The Facilities Officer will be required to liaise closely with other members of the University. This role requires that one prepare complex and technical reports, and tender information.
Duties for the Facilities Officer Job
The Facilities Officer is the Head of Facilities Management and Development Department and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for:
- Proper maintenance of the university buildings and grounds, sportsground, gardens, roadways and paths, water, power, sewerage, etc. at the university ensuring value for money.
- Prepare and implements preventive maintenance schedules at the university.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change and manage the process of innovative change effectively and efficiently.
- Designing and implementing minor works.
- Overseeing all the construction projects at the university.
- Assessing the cost of construction projects at the university and advising the university accordingly
- Preparing departmental budget and having control on expenditure.
- Prepare and procure detailed specifications, technical reports relating to the delivery of effective and efficient planned and reactive maintenance programmes of work and complete as approved.
- In liaison with relevant officers participate in planning and executing of events at the university.
- Making the necessary arrangements to receive and introduce the work and witness teams to their assigned projects.
- Working closely with National Environment Management Authority, carry out and supervise health and safety risk assessments for university buildings and sites.
- Development and implementation of safety and health policy, and disaster recovery policy.
- Effective recruitment and management of the cleaning, maintenance and grounds staff.
- Management of staff in the department including inducting new staff into the department and periodical appraising their performance within the set guidelines by the University
- Train and develop staff in the general maintenance of buildings, grounds, infrastructures, equipment.
- Performing such other duties as may be assigned to him/her by the Vice-Chancellor or any other authorized officer.
Facilities Officer Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in building and construction with six years relevant experience in estate management and project management, or
- Master degree in building and construction with two years relevant experience in estate management and project management.
- Experience in procurement/purchasing and supplies
- Good understanding of building trades and maintenance services
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications addressed to:
The Vice-Chancellor Africa Nazarene University P.O. Box 53067 – 00200 Nairobi
Applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copy of certificates, names and contacts of three referees, and should reach the office not later than 28th July, 2017.
Applications could also be dropped at the Nairobi, CBD Campus – Aghro House, Moi Avenue. Note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.