ICT MANAGER — G3 (1) POST Ref. KICC/ICT/2017
The Kenyatta International Convention Centre is established as a State Corporation under the Tourism Act 2011 to discharge the following mandates:
- Organize and host meetings and provide incentives for conferences and exhibitions at the Convention Centre.
- Develop and implement National Meetings, Incentives for Conferences and Exhibitions, in collaboration with the Tourism Board upon consultation with the relevant stakeholders.
- Market the Convention Centre, in collaboration with the Tourism Board.
- Perform any other functions that are ancillary to the objectives and purpose for which the Convention Centre is established.
Responsibilities for the ICT Manager Job
- The ICT Manager reports to the General Manager Finance and Administration and is responsible for ensuring smooth operation of the ICT department in alignment with the business objectives of the Corporation. Key
- Responsibilities: Plan, direct, coordinate and design ICT-related activities, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the ICT department.
- Take an authoritative, pro-active approach in dealing with external vendors and outsourced development staff.
- The role will manage and balance the expectations of the business within the framework of staff and resource limitations.
- The ICT manager will keep abreast of latest technologies that may be of benefit to the organization and make requisite recommendations, supported by documentation, costing e.tc and present to business.
- The ICT manager will provide leadership to ICT operations and infrastructure ensuring that an appropriate technical support framework is in place, including the management and delivery of service support and service delivery.
- The ICT manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions.
- As well as these responsibilities that ICT manager will define and implement ICT policies, procedures, and best practices.
Qualifications for the ICT Manager Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/information Technology Certificate in Database Management /Hardware maintenance ICT Project management
- At least five (5) years of experience, at least three (3) years served at management level Master’s Degree in Computer Science/IT Preferred
- Communication skills Management, leadership and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Be innovative and creative
- Customer relations
How To Apply for the ICT Manager Job
Applications: Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications which should include:
- 0ne-page statement on how you meet the requirements for the post.
- Indication of current salary.
- Professional certificates and testimonials.
The candidate must also attach all of the following clearances: EACC clearance Valid certificate of good conduct HELB clearance certificate Valid KRA compliance itax certificate. Clearance from a reputable credit reference bureau Please note those who applied for this position in the previous advertisement Ref.KICC/ICT/2017 will need to reapply.
Applications should be sent under confidential cover and with the envelope dearly marked “Ref. KICC/ ICT/2017” not later than 27th July, 2017 to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Kenyatta International Convention Centre
P.O. Box 30746-00100 Nairobi
The Biggest CV Mistake
Find out click here