ICRC Administrative Assistant (Travel Services) job opening in Nairobi Kenya Jul 14, 2017
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
We are Hiring!
Position: ICRC Administrative Assistant (Travel Services)
The ICRC Somalia Delegation in Nairobi implements the institution’s humanitarian activities in Somalia. Based in Nairobi, the Administrative Assistant (Resident / National position) is the focal person for processing all travel requests in and out of Somalia and all visa requests for Somalia based staff. Under the general supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager, he/she will perform the following duties:
ICRC Administrative Assistant Responsibilities
- Ensures the timely updating and maintenance of an accurate travel database;
- Updates the travel movement table and generates statistics as requested;
- Reviews travel requests and processes travel authorizations;
- Prepares all relevant documentation required for the issuance of entry visas to Kenya for staff for official travel and follows up on visa applications from the relevant government authorities;
- Advises on new hotel accommodation options and rates;
- Makes hotel reservations for staff who require accommodation while on official travel in Nairobi;
- Ensures that hotel invoices are processed and paid on time;
- Maintains a network of contacts with local suppliers (hotels) and relevant government authorities;
- Contributes to the development and production of working tools/procedures of the Travel Department; Briefs new staff on travel procedures;
- Executes administrative and office work related to different projects.
ICRC Administrative Assistant Profile
- Diploma in Business Management (or a similar qualification);
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Fluency in written and spoken English; (knowledge of Somali ¡san added bonus)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Capacity to train colleagues on travel procedures and protocols;
- Good analytical, organisational and interpersonal communication skills;
- Possessing a strong degree of integrity, including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information;
- Proactive, meticulous, and demonstrates the ability to work both in a team and independently;
- A strong customer service focus and a flexible and adaptable attitude.
- A dynamic and challenging work environment in the humanitarian and international environment;
- Training and development opportunities;
- A competitive salary with benefits.
How to Apply for the ICRC Administrative Assistant Position
Apply now by sending your (1) cover letter and (2) CV addressed to
Human Resources Manager,
ICRC Somalia Delegation,
via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range.
The closing date is 23rd July 2017. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.