Entry Level NGO Jobs
Submit CV Here
Cooperative Bank Latets Job Openings
Cooperative Bank Latets Job Openings in Kenya Oct 2017
Cooperative Bank of Kenya is a commercial bank in Kenya, the largest economy in the East African Community. It is licensed by the Central Bank of Kenya, the central bank and national banking regulator.
ICT Project Manager
Reporting to the Head – ICT Projects, the Project Manager’s primary ongoing responsibility will be management of projects to ensure that the expected objectives are delivered on time, within budget, with high quality and realization of benefits.
The role holder will ensure the application of appropriate skills, tools and techniques to project activities during the project life cycle, addressing the various needs, concerns and expectations of the stakeholders and balancing the competing project constraints of Scope, Quality, Schedule, Budget, Resources, and Risk.
- Lead and manage implementation of projects within a portfolio of competing projects and limited time and resources.
- Develop processes and procedures to support the achievement of the project objectives.
- Follow a defined, agreed upon project management methodology for Planning, Defining, Execution, Monitoring and Control, and reporting activities within the project lifecycle.
- Prepare project initiation and governing documents like, Project Charter and Project Management Plans.
- Determine the organizational structure of the project team and assemble a cross-functional project staff for their technical or functional contribution to the project.
- Identify key stakeholders to the project and their roles and value while coordinating activities across different internal and external functions.
- Assigning work to team members in collaboration with the work stream owner and ensuring the team remains motivated to deliver.
- Manage project budget and resource allocation as well as constantly checking on project progress toward meeting its objectives, determining the cause of deviations from the plan if any and take corrective actions to address deviations.
- Facilitate the definition of scope; service levels and user requirements in addition to coordinating partners, vendors and consultants engaged in the project work.
- Organize and ensure proper and adequate testing phases within projects.
- Provide regular reporting and presentation of project status, progress, risks and issues to all stakeholders.
- Convene regular Project Steering Committee meetings that include, Executive Sponsor and other stakeholders.
- A Bachelor’s degree in an ICT related field from a recognized university with a Certification in Project Management – Prince 2 Practitioner or PMP.
- Certification in Agile Project management will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of increasingly responsible experience, including experience successfully managing various projects.
- Proven consistent experience of successfully managing various ICT projects in both waterfall and agile implementation frameworks.
- Thorough understanding of project management lifecycle, phases, techniques and tools with strong and tested project management skills, including sponsor and risk management.
- Outstanding grasp of information technology concepts and processes.
- Demonstrated aptitude for effective leadership of staff, energy and enthusiasm with a strong client focus.
- Experience in business process analysis preferably in a multi discipline environment.
- Highly developed analytical skills with an ability to remain focused on outputs and to adjust delivery mechanisms to meet deadlines and client needs.
- Knowledge of organization’s methodology and tools with an understanding of IT as a shared service to other areas of the bank.
Applicants should indicate the reference number PM/SSD/2017. Closing date is 2nd November, 2017. We are an equal opportunity employer.
ICT Project Officer
Reporting to the Head – ICT Risk & Control, the role holder will provide continuous ICT Project assurance in relation to confidentiality, integrity and availability of the IT infrastructure, processing systems and related resources in line with the Bank Information Security Policy.
- Be actively involved and provide risk & security guidance during technology projects, systems deployment, upgrades and changes.
- Proactively provide ICT security & risk requirements for incorporation in Business Requirements Documents, Functional Specifications Documents & RFPs of new ICT systems.
- Proactively participate in technical solution design for new systems, ensuring that security requirements are well defined.
- Perform vulnerability assessments & penetration tests on new Bank systems, applications and technology, identifying vulnerabilities and recommendations on closure of these vulnerabilities, prior to new systems go-live.
- Perform a fraud risk assessment on new systems and processes within the project scope and provide recommendations on countermeasures.
- Ensure interfaces for new systems are secured from intrusion, and user activities in new systems are detailed, traceable and logged.
- Pro-actively provide guidance on security tools required to effectively manage and control Bank systems.
- Pro-actively perform risk assessments for ongoing ICT projects and prepare risk reports for new systems & projects in readiness for Change Approval Board meetings.
- Proactively develop and constantly review system Minimum Baseline Security Requirements for new ICT systems & projects.
- Regularly provide recommendations to ICT leadership on areas of improvement towards securing ICT systems.
- Provide information security training & awareness to ICT systems project teams (Systems development teams, project managers, business analysts)
- Maintain ICT risk registers for ICT projects and submit periodical and ad-hoc reports as required by HOD and Chief Risk Officer.
- Ensure strict adherence to all regulations, statutes, standards, practices and all internal processes and procedures as per the relevant manuals and comply with all relevant external legislation and regulations with regard to compliance requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related fields.
- 3 years prior experience in information security or systems audit function. Experience in the Banking industry will be a value add.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certification. IT security and risk certifications e.g. CISSP, CRISC, CEH, etc. will be an added advantage.
- Experience in system propagated forensic investigations will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of project management methodology and concepts and a good appreciation of risk, systems security control processes.
- Detailed knowledge of the Bank’s Operating procedures and good knowledge of the Bank’s products and services.
- Understanding of Information Systems architecture and operational practices as well as good grasp of Information Security and control objectives with an appreciation of audit methodologies.
- Experience in performing analytical roles in complex business environments.
- Advanced computer skills including IT skills, word, excel, power point.
- Training in IT infrastructure and operating systems.
- Training in Implementing Information security policies.
- Leads from the front
- Delivers and owns results
- Values and respects others
- Drives innovation
- Fosters Communication
- Inspires trust and integrity
- Customer Centric
Applicants should indicate the job reference number “IRPO/RM/2017”. Closing date is 20th October, 2017. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Our client is one of the leading providers of heavy commercial vehicles and leasing services in East Africa region. They are looking for an experienced and well organized Sales Representative based in Uganda who will be tasked with sales of heavy commercial vehicles and other company products. The Sales & Marketing Executive must have sales experience in the automotive industry.
Industry: Transport & Logistics
Gross Salary: Ksh. 25,000 plus commissions
- Manage customer leads
- Respond to all inquiries in a quick & timely manner.
- Answer customer questions on the company’s services and offer timely solutions
- Making appointments for interested customers and continuously following up throughout the sales process.
- Set and meet sales targets, ensuring the company remains profitable
- Have the ability to structure an entire sales deal under minimum supervision.
- Maintain strong business relationships with clients.
- Devising strategies to ensure repeat business and referrals from customers
- Evaluating sales trends, market conditions and competitor activity.
- At least a Diploma in a business related field.
- At least 3 – 5 years’ experience in sales or leasing of heavy commercial vehicles
- Must be a Kenyan citizen aged between 25 – 30 years old.
- Willing and able travel across Uganda on sales Missions
- Proven ability to achieve sales as per set targets
- Ability to handle and resolve complaints from customers
- Confident, presentable and aggressive
- Have a wide knowledge of heavy commercial spare parts
- Excellent communication skills
- Have a valid driving license.
Our client is one of the leading providers of transport and logistics by heavy commercial vehicles. They seek to hire a Store Manager responsible for ensuring that goods received to the main store are of the quality & quantity required. He should ensure the store operates efficiently & effectively to support the business.
Reporting to: General Manager
Industry: Transport and Logistics
- Conduct weekly purchase requirements by checking the stock levels through working closely with Workshop Manager/Store B manager and closely consulting with the head of department to confirm availability and expected time of arrival
- Purchase monthly requirements and report on monthly consumption
- Ensure that all goods are stored in the shelves and the stock cards immediately updated and maintain the store clean and tidy.
- Regularly carry out physical stock taking and on daily basis check the whole stock and ensure it tallies with the stock cards and computer stock for both stores.
- Ensure that the tools inventory is updated and weekly check the accuracy of records.
- Ensure update of tyre, purchase, retreading and disposal records on ERP system and give daily reports to head of department about anomalies and plan of action to ensure all records are correct.
- Ensure all documentation handled by store are posted and updated according to procedures.
- Ensure that all spares issued within the premises and outside have their returns back to store in time.
- Analyzing the root cause of spare parts, based on type of failure. E.g. supplier, quality etc. Furthermore, presenting a detailed report as to the suggested way forward to the Head of department.
- Ensure weekly and monthly meetings are held with HOD’S & Management staff to discuss expenses and trends.
- Responsible for maintaining petty cash float and ensuring all GRNs are signed.
- Responsible for reporting all incidents/accidents noted within and outside the Organization.
- Be a safety ambassador and ensure employees work safely and always be on the lookout for any unsafe acts or behavior.
- A degree in Business Management or a related field.
- Must have 5-8 years of working experience
- Must have good communication skills
- Must be very organized
- Must have experience in product mix and selection
- Well knowledgeable on customer preferences and buying habits
- Must have had experience managing staff
- Must be a team player.
Workshop Manager Engineering
Our client is one of the leading providers of transport and logistics services covering heavy commercial vehicles locally. They seek to hire a workshop manager responsible for managing and maintenance of the company fleet and also supervise entire operation of the workshop. He will also ensure operations are at the lowest cost to efficiently serve the clients.
Reporting to: General Manager
Industry: Transport and Logistics
Gross Salary: 80k-100k
- Ensure preventive maintenance schedule is in place and with proper records.
- Ensure all batteries are well maintained and records kept properly.
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment that is not congested.
- Responsible for tyre maintenance and keeping all records relating to tyres efficiently.
- Carry out all breakdown root cause analysis and ensure appropriate corrective action is taken on time.
- Responsible for Managing, training and maintaining workshop staff.
- Ensure zero long term projects and have all trucks ready to go on road by holding discussions on cost of bringing trucks back on road and timelines required.
- Ensure all trucks are clean and incase of dents, ensure appropriate action is taken on time and all repairs done.
- Help in cost cutting and keeping all workshop expenses in check.
- Present to management all workshop working data and other reports related to management of workshop.
- Circulate workshop report on repairs to be done each day and present to operations previous day report to get priorities.
- Talk to operations team on trucks expected and repairs expected to coordinate team and spares.
- Coordinate with branches on all repairs needed and ensure they are assisted in releasing the trucks.
- Any other task assigned by the management from time to time.
- Minimum degree in Mechanical or Technical Engineering from a reputable organization
- 5 years experience with heavy commercial vehicles – 3 years managerial level
- Must have experience in diagnostics.
- Asian male candidates encouraged to apply
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Flexible and ability to meet quality standards and strict deadlines
- Must have experience in leading and motivating a team
- Must have Knowledge of workshop operations and workshop systems in the transport sector
Method of Application
Applicants should please forward detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org. Using the title of the positon as the subject of the mail