Administration and HR Officer NGO Job in Kenya
Job Vacancy: HR and Administration Officer
About Us: Kesho is an award winning, dynamic, medium sized and growing NGO currently facilitating nearly 600 children to access schools and universities and also supports more than 3,000 of their siblings, peers, parents and teachers.
Founded in 2004, Kesho takes a novel long-term, creative and holistic approach to change that includes offering financial support for education, academic and literacy support, enrichment and training, child protection and family support and youth development.
The Position: An exciting opportunity has arisen within Kesho for an innovative, effective, self-driven HR & Administrative Officer to provide leadership and strategic direction for the development of a sound HR and Administration support framework for the Organization.
The position is for an initial contract period of 1 year and renewable subject to satisfactory performance. The position location is Kesho Office, Kilifi.
Job Purpose: The role is responsible and accountable for the provision of efficient, effective and proactive administrative support to Kesho Kenya while ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Prepare the HR and training budget for approval by the ED
- Monitor and implement the approved HR budget
- Implement HR policies and procedures ensuring consistency with good practice, and conformity to legislation and statutory requirements
- Maintenance of staff information in both physical and computerized formats
- In consultation with the ED, manage staff recruitment (Job posting, advertising, short-listing and selection, background checks, hiring) induction and management of staff exits
- Organize and conduct induction training sessions for all new employees
- Responsible for continuous staff training and development plans i.e. assessing staff training needs and schedule trainings in coordination with staff supervisors and work activities, undertaking logistical arrangements and post-training evaluation
- Manage and maintain comprehensive and up to date staff database and employee records
- Coordinate and facilitate the Organization’s performance management system including objectives setting, performance reviews and appraisal processes
- Manage the disciplinary processes in accordance with the company policy
- Maintain a supportive and efficient HR Administrative Service Centre through timely and appropriate responses to staff enquiries and processing of necessary documentation
- Working with others to develop, implement and regularly evaluate office policies and procedures, ensuring they are being adhered to and provide suggestions for areas of improvement to improve operational efficiency.
- Work together with the Procurement & Logistics Officer to ensure that all vehicles are well maintained, fueled, insured and mileage claims filled and forwarded to Finance on time every month.
- Supervise the daily scheduling of program vehicles to meet the transport needs of the organization.
- Filing of Admin related documents and ensuring that the document retrieval systems for reference and working documents within the Admin office are efficient and easy to access.
- Directly or indirectly supervise the administrative support staff such as the Receptionist, Office Assistants and Drivers.
- Ensure that all general office equipment are regularly serviced and maintained in clean and appropriate manner in collaboration with the IT.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience and Personal Attributes
Qualifications & Experience
- Higher Diploma or Bachelors degree in HR, Business Administration or Related Qualification.
- At least 2 years practical experience in HR & Administration work.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with coworkers, Customers, Suppliers and the general public surrounding our businesses
- Have Strong organizational and managerial skills
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing Knowledge of company administrative procedures
- ICT proficiency including excellent working knowledge of Ms Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Basic financial skills, particularly in budgeting and reporting;
- Managing multiple and changing priorities at once.
- Possess excellent people skills and ability to motivate to achieve results
- Familiarity with procurement processes
- Commitment to Kesho’s values
Essential Personal Attributes
- Team player
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Creative and innovative
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
- Self-starter who is able to work independently with minimal support but can also work well in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on time with attention to detail and accuracy
This job advertisement does not list all the duties of the posted job and a further job description will be provided.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted by Monday 17th July, 2017 at 5pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kesho’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to respect the rights of the child including prevention of all forms of child abuse as such, all recruitment is in accordance with Kesho’s Child Protection Policy.
See Other NGOs Jobs Here