Information Systems Auditor at Nation Media Group July 2017 Kenya Job Vacancy
- Plan, execute and manage assigned risk based information systems audit engagements to ensure quality audit approach, achievement of set objectives and completion within the agreed schedule;
- Conduct compliance reviews to ensure business information systems comply with IT standards and best practice;
- Support the financial auditors in identifying high level information system risks;
- Undertake continuous risk assessment of the Information Technology environment including IT operations, infrastructure and key business application systems and make recommendations to improve internal control and operational effectiveness and efficiency;
- Offer advice to management on risk and control through participation in the implementation of business applications and new technologies;
- Provide support to auditees on the implementation of recommended technical solutions to manage identified risks;
- Monitor and review the adequacy and effectiveness of the information security measures in place for maximum protection of company information assets;
- Support other risk and control functions in ensuring processes, business practices and internal controls are effective in managing technological risks;
- Assist in the annual risk assessment process and generation of the annual audit plan;
- Communicate and review audit results with stakeholders and ensure positive management commitment to implementation of audit recommendations;
- Champion maximum use of Computer Assisted Audit Tools e.g. Teammate, ACL etc. by training other audit staff in the use of CAAT’s;
- Conduct assigned investigations affecting information systems;
- Follow up on information systems audit recommendations to ensure they are implemented on a timely basis.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems, Business or related field from a recognized University;
- Professional certification in IT Audit and Security e.g. Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional);
- At least 3 years’ information systems audit experience specializing in Information Systems from a reputable audit firm or extensive experience in Information Systems audit within an internal audit function;
- Demonstrable knowledge in concepts of risk assessment and control;
- Knowledge and experience in the use of electronic audit file management system and CAAT’s;
- Detailed knowledge of information systems governance and security principles & practices;
- Excellent communication, analytical and report writing skills;
- Attention to detail, result oriented, good organizational skills and ability to work independently or within a team within strict deadlines;
- Demonstrable experience in disaster recovery and business continuity management concepts and practices.
- Demonstrated track of high ethical standards and independence of mind with ability to defend his/her position on significant issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively resolve problems that arise during an audit and effectively communicate audit results to functional heads and other stakeholders.
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, apply online at http://careers.nationmedia.com on or before 31st July, 2017.Note: We shall only contact the shortlisted applicants.
The Biggest CV Mistake
Find out click here